In spring 2018, I joined the Information Resources & Technology Division at California State University, Sacramento as Visual Experience Designer. In this full-time, in-house role, I support the development and adoption of an active and accessible user experience across the University's digital, print and social media channels.
As I wound down my full-time consultancy over the first few months of 2018, I provided non-profit communications support to the local chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America and for a Down Syndrome Information Alliance-related fundraiser. I am also contributing “graphic authorship” of an in-progress academic journal project, and continue to work with the CleanPro-pH brand ahead of the launch of their product line later this year.
In 2017 Primarily was involved with:
- Identity, Event and Print design campaign for SacSurfacePro, a local home services provider.
- Retail Design for the flagship office space of All City Homes, a boutique real estate agency, in Elk Grove, California.
- Market & Content Strategy Consulting for Marosi White’s Accent Design interior design studio.
- Brand Management for NevMade custom housewares.
- Social Media Planning & Content Strategy for the non-profit Firefighters Burn Institute.
- Designed and fabricated a large-scale interactive installation within m5arts’ ArtStreet in partnership with Bay Area deisgner (and fellow VCFA alum) Michael Scaringe.
Wrote and conducted a self-directed workshop for designing contextual messaging at the University of Pacific.
Poster design included in the 9th United Design Conference show, held in Lichtenstein.
Textile work included in the Crossroads group show, Carter Art Center, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Attended Spring residency at Vermont College of Fine Art as an Alumni Assistant.
- Attempted (unsuccessfully) to resuscitate Sacramento’s AIGA chapter.
… & Before
While pursuing my MFA at Vermont School of Fine Arts from 2012 - ’14, I worked as a Digital Marketing Consultant & Trainer at the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center and taught graphic design in the Los Rios Community College District. I taught at the Art Institute of California - Sacramento in 2015–’16.
In what feels like a previous life, I was the in-house Art Director for the California Landscape Contractors Association for ten years. During that time I also took on projects under the Abide Visuals and Aaron Winters Creative Professional names. I produced award-winning package designs for the Weird Forest, Suicide Squeeze, Narnack, 5RC, and Clairecords record labels for artists such as Noveller, Lil B, Grouper, Emeralds, Hella and dozens more. I also handled freelance art direction duties for a variety of print magazines, from the local Fork It, Legend, and Midtown Monthly titles to the Canadian COLOR skateboarding magazine.
Showing in, organizing, and curating group art shows locally and across the West Coast from 2003-’07, I self-published two issues of the Exit Strategy art annual and managed The Ultramega artists collective.